Youth with Disabilities: Bullying
The Parents Place of Maryland compiled these online resources related to bullying in schools:
- "Bullying and Teasing of Youth With Disabilities: Creating Positive School Environments for Effective Inclusion" by John Hoover and Pam Stenhjem, is posted by the National Center on Secondary Education and Transition.
- "Harassment based on disability" is the topic of this letter from the U.S. Department of Education.
- The "Bully Roundup" interactive game tests kids' "bully smarts".
- Kids Turn Central offers resources for kids.
- Stop Bullying Now offers information and activities for kids, parents, and educators.
- "Bullying: Facts for Schools and Parents" by Andrea Cohn and Andrea Canter, Ph.D., NCSP, is posted by the National Association of School Psychologists.
- "Addressing the Problem of Juvenile Bullying" by Nels Ericson, is from the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention at the U.S. Department of Justice.
- "Bullying and Your Child" resources are included on the Kids Health web site.
- Operation Respect is a non-profit organization working to transform schools, camps, and youth organizations into more respectful environments.